What Mike Holmes Has To Say:
Ive never done this before, but I came across a company that manufactures patio furniture at a trade show. I got in touch with them and challenged them to create pieces for my backyard. Now, I like to think I am a designer but Im really not. What Stuart from GP Patio did for me was incredible. He managed to match my color scheme exactly, and brought in red cushions for a punch of color. His furniture choices created the zones on my deck that I was looking for. Even the color of the furniture goes well with my tiles, and he didnt even know what the tiles were going to look like after I enhanced them to make them bolder.
Heres something I didnt think about-Stuart suggested that I change out the accent cushions now and then before guests come over to change the look a little. I love that idea. -Mike Holmes
Consider Your Outdoor Layout
Start by analyzing the shape and size of the outdoor area where you intend to place your new furniture. To create a proportional arrangement in an outdoor space, imagine it as you would any interior room. For example, if you place a long rectangular table across a tight square deck or balcony, the space will look cramped and awkward. And this setup can damage nearby garden or patio features as people move to and from the table. Conversely, placing a small, round dining set in a capacious, open setting can create the impression of furniture floating adrift, losing sight of the shores of communal intimacy that a dining area should aspire to convey.
To gain a better understanding of the balance between scale, accessibility, and intimacy within a patio setting , we recommend studying landscape designer Lauren Dunec Hoangs excellent photographic reference.
To create a proportional arrangement in an outdoor space, imagine it as you would any interior room.
How To Choose A Patio Dining Set
To make your outdoor dining space feel truly 5-star, you’ll need to start with the perfect patio dining table and chairs. As the centerpiece of your dining space and home to some of your most special meals and memories, the dining set you choose should be stylish, durable, and inviting. We’re here to answer your questions about choosing a patio dining set, so you can create a space that looks and feels amazing.
Recommended Reading: Double Decker Blt Yard House
Why We Like It:
- Superior quality and comfort: The Blu Dot Cache Sofa is built to last and seems of very high quality. It would even look great as an indoor couch. The cushions, which are nestled in a beautiful, powder-coated aluminum frame, come standard with highly durable Sunbrella fabric. The sturdy cushions are thick and firm, providing plenty of support for hours of reading or napping.
- No assembly required: The sofa comes fully assembled, so you can start lounging as soon as you take it out of the box and packaging. Velcro strips help keep the cushions in place. If you want to complete the set, it also comes in a lounge chair version.
- Weather-resistant: Sunbrella fabric is known for being waterproof and durable. And for extra protection, the interior foam is also Dryfast, a mildew-resistant foam used in boats and wet locations. The couch should fare well in light rain, but we would still recommend covering it during heavy rain and storing it for the winter . Blu Dot has more tips for cleaning spills and regular maintenance.
Analyze Your Patio Or Yard Surface
The legs of all the pieces you choose should work with the surface area where you plan to place your furniture. At best, the wrong combination can prove bothersome, and at worst, dangerous. A long wooden bench or sofa placed on top of decomposed gravel creates a horrible mess , while a thin-legged wrought iron chair is apt to catch between decking or sink into soft soil. One dining set we testedthe Mercury Row Nikoletawas perfectly suited to the smooth surface of a concrete patio or a wood deck. Yet when the set was placed on tiled concrete pavers, the chair legs consistently caught between the pavers, resulting in a few awkward, arms-flailing exits from the table. If your intended surface isnt uniform and flat, look for a table and chairs with wide feet, ideally outfitted with levelers to adjust for uneven surfaces.
You May Like: Identification Backyard Birds Of Michigan
Tips For Picking The Right Style
We recommend that you follow a few guidelines when choosing furniture, to make sure the style harmonizes with your outdoor space:
- Bring your indoor decor outside: Imagining the outdoors as an extension of your home can help establish a continuation between interior and exterior living spaces. Look for outdoor furniture that will provide a cohesive design scheme and smooth transition between the indoors and out.
- Look for complementary elements: Choose colors, shapes, and patterns drawn from outdoor surroundings, to create an easily identifiable theme. For visual harmony, draw from a color palette found in your landscaping or the surrounding architecture.
- Contrast surfaces and materials: Dont be afraid to veer away from matching materials or proportions. Contrast establishes a hierarchical relationship between furnishings and setting. For example: A metal dining set paired with an all-wood deck is much more interesting than an all-wood setup. Similarly, contrast in scale creates interesting dynamics. If your patio is surrounded by tall trees, a wide and low outdoor lounge set will result in a more intimate environment, while also accentuating the presence of the surroundings.
- Choose simplicity over busyness: When in doubt, err on the side of caution by picking a less busy, simple design. This is also practical advice simpler forms tend to break less often than their complicated and adorned counterparts.
How To Choose Patio Dining Sets
Due to close similarity in physical appearance and functionality of Patio dining sets available in the market, it might be a daunting task to select one to purchase. Here is a guide that might help you choose the right product to buy. There is quite a number of factors to consider while purchasing these include but not limited to:
Availability of space
Before deciding on which item to purchase it is crucial to consider the amount of space you have. This will lead to a correct choice in determining the size of the Patio set to buy. The amount of space available should correspond to the size of the Patio to buy with no need of re-structuring or re-sizing.
Ease of use and storage
Make a test of the Patio before purchase to ensure it provides the desired comfort ability. As well it should be easy to assemble and disassemble. It should be user-friendly. Furthermore, it is more than evident that well-stored furniture even the toughest ones will last longer especially at the time when not in use. Therefore, this call for consideration of the amount and availability of storage space.
Maintenance and durability
Style and color
Color goes along with personal preference and choice but be sure to select one that is eye-catching and at the same time adding aesthetic value to your home. On the other hand, go for patio finishes that are stylistic in nature with modern made designs.
Read Also: Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills Plots For Sale
Discount Furniture & Dcor: On Sale Now
With discounts like these, now’s the time to update every space in your home both inside and out. Shop our current furniture sales for everything from discount bar stools to bedding and more. Then explore outdoor furniture on sale to add some wow to your backyard or patio. Making your house a home you love is easy and fun with these deals.
You’ll find all our sales right here take a look around and grab discounts on pieces from dressers to home décor. These steals won’t last, so take advantage of the low prices now. And for even more inexpensive furniture, décor, and everything home, take a look at our Clearance page
The Best Patio Furniture
Weve added new options for outdoor dining and living areas .
Most people buy patio furniture based on the way it looks. And that is an important factor. But in order to find furniture youll be happy with, we think its important to take a few other things into consideration. How much space do you have? An apartment deck calls for something entirely different than what youd use on a capacious concrete patio. What type of furniture will harmonize with both the exterior and the interior of your home? And how much maintenance are you willing to do to keep your furniture looking good? We go into greater detail on these and other topics in our How to pick patio furniture section . Whether you want to splurge on a high-end teak dining set or invest in lounge chairs and sofas, well provide guidelines for how to choose the best patio furniture for your outdoor spacewith a focus on durability and design.
Read Also: Home Depot Lawn Mower Parts
Why You Should Trust Us
For this guide, our team interviewed both landscape and furniture designers, including Aaron and Claire Van Holland of the Los Angeles furniture company House Van Holland Calvin Abe, a landscape architect based in the Los Angeles area Andy Balderson, a Washington, DCarea landscape designer and Los Angeles landscape designers Russ Cletta, Maggie Lobl, and Naomi Sanders. We gathered more insight into what people are seeking in outdoor patio furniture by speaking with three retail experts in Pasadena, California: Veronica Hoodless, sales associate at the high-end Fishbecks outdoor-furniture store Jesse Mezger, manager at the upscale Patioworld and Jesse Bawsel, manager at Armstrong Garden Centers. To find good options that will last, we also looked at hundreds of tables, chairs, and sofas online, and at dozens in stores.
Versatile Dining Sets For Every Outdoor Space
Outdoor dining sets are an easy way to create a unified space that amplifies your aesthetic style. With over 1500 outdoor dining sets for sale on PatioLivings website, youre sure to find something that suits your unique style and personality. A patio dining set can host a variety of gatherings for ideal for relaxing, entertaining, and socializing that is perfect for residential settings and commercial venues alike. You can customize your set with colorful umbrella models, as well as cushions which bring in added comfort. Outdoor dining sets provide an attractive backdrop to create cherished memories with families and friends whether youre hosting a formal meal or kicking back with a drink.Take advantage of our outdoor dining set sales and make sure to refer to our Patio Furniture Buying Guide for more information on purchasing the perfect dining set for your outdoor space.
Read Also: Backyard Birds Of North America
How Do You Clean And Disinfect Outdoor Patio Furniture
Resin wicker is more resilient than natural wicker. However, your all-weather furniture might still need sprucing up periodically. Before you begin cleaning your patio furniture, remove pillows and cushions from the chairs and chaises. Remove loose objects from your tables as well. To clean, follow these steps:
- Prepare cleaning solution: Mix 1/4 cup of liquid dish soap with 2 cups of warm water.
- Clean: Using a soft, clean cloth or sponge and your cleaning solution, gently wipe the surfaces of your furniture. You might find it helpful to use a soft cleaning brush to get between the wicker slats. If you discover tree sap or some other sticky substance, use a grime remover product to remove it.
- Rinse: Use a garden hose to wash away soap.
- Sanitize: If you notice signs of mold or mildew, add a cup of white vinegar to your cleaning solution. This procedure can be used to clean and sanitize your outdoor cushions as well.
- Dry: Once your patio set is dry, you can safely return pillows and cushions to their original places.
Choosing The Right Outdoor Dining Sets
Whether you’re replacing existing outdoor furniture or creating an entirely new space, there are some considerations you should keep in mind to choose the right options for your patio. One of the most important considerations for your furniture is the actual size of your patio or outdoor area. Long, narrow areas require rectangular tables and smaller chairs to ensure there is enough space to walk around them. If you have a small patio, a set with a round outdoor dining table may take up too much space. Instead, look for bistro and cafe sets, or go with a bar table set with stools that take up less room.
You’ll also want to consider where you plan to place your patio dining sets. Areas that require the furniture to sit on softer ground or grass will require different materials than those placed on stone, concrete or brick. Make sure to plan for how much exposure the area receives. If your furniture receives full sun, adding patio umbrellas to your patio dining sets help keep the area is comfortable throughout the day.
Recommended Reading: Senior Patio Homes Colorado Springs
Bring Modern Elegance To Your Space With Glass Outdoor Tables
Amp up your outdoor dining and lounge experience with chic glass top outdoor tables. Our selection of outdoor dining tables feature sleek, stainless-steel legs and tempered glass tops. The tables are perfect for a modern outdoor living space, where you can host cookouts with friends and family all summer long. By your lounge furniture, incorporate glass coffee tables and side tables to provide convenient places to set down drinks and food. All of our glass outdoor tables are designed to be durable in a variety of weather.
Flaws But Not Dealbreakers:
- Quality comes at a price: This sofa is not cheap, but Blu Dot offers a five-year warranty and returns for up to 120 days .
- Difficult delivery for small spaces: A sofa that ships fully assembled can seem like a dream, until you need to navigate around tight corners. Since it is an outdoor couch, we dont think this will pose a problem for most people. But keep the dimensions in mind if youll need to squeeze it through small spaces.
Don’t Miss: Below Deck Season 1 Episode 1
Features Of Patio Dining Sets
The patio dining set is a general term that refers to the many components it comprises. The various components include pieces, cushioning, table and umbrella. Pieces refer to the number of chairs they can comfortably be used in one table. Cushioning are used in chairs and the sofas if included in the set. Their primary role is to provide comfortability.
Tables come in different shapes, size, heights, and material and are used as a platform to sit around and holding such things as foodstuffs. For some tables, they have an umbrella hole for supporting the umbrella while others do not have. The umbrella is used to provide shade against rain and excess heat from the sun. When all these components are put together in the right way, they give an appealing appearance.
Which Dining Table Shape Is Best For My Patio Set
The shape of your patio dining table will depend on the size and layout of your space, as well as how many people you plan to host.
- Round: If mealtime in your home involves plenty of conversation, consider a round dining table where everyone can see one another.
- Oval: Oval dining tables boast the same smooth, curvy lines as round tables, but their elongated designs allow them to accommodate more people with a smaller footprint
- Rectangular: Like oval tables, rectangular dining tables can accommodate larger groups of people in a space-saving design
- Square: Square dining tables are another great option for facilitating conversation. Each diner gets their own side of the table, and can easily see everyone else
When choosing outdoor dining furniture, look for pieces in the shapes, styles, and materials that best suit your lifestyle. If you keep these important factors in mind while shopping, you’re sure to find the perfect patio dining set.
Read Also: Is Below Deck On Hulu
How We Picked And Tested
New homeowners and renters often look for comfortable, durable, and reasonably stylish outdoor furniture at a moderate price. And thats what we set out to find with this guide.
We considered the following when analyzing outdoor furniture:
To identify the key differences separating affordable from moderately priced and investment-worthy designs, we visited big-box stores such as Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, IKEA, and Walmart, as well as more expensive stores like West Elm, Blu Dot, CB2, Design Within Reach, Modernica, Crate and Barrel, and Restoration Hardware. We also dedicated an extensive amount of time to comparing online retailers like Article, Hay, Industry West, Amazon, AllModern, Overstock, Teak Warehouse, and Wayfair .
We looked at on-the-floor offerings in stores and spent about 50 hours researching top-rated patio dining sets and outdoor lounge furniture online. Then we narrowed our list to sets made of wood, steel, aluminum, plastic resin, and all-weather wickerand that also have a strong history of positive online reviews spanning several years.
Patio Garden Furniture Sets
The right set of patio furniture can transform your small outdoor space into a special haven. Whether you opt for wicker, metal, or plastic, a cozy garden patio set can bring a real sense of serenity to a property. For consumer convenience, patio garden furniture sets often include everything from chairs and tables to couches and lounges.
Also Check: John Deere Lawn Mower Tires